We’ve added a new feature to our website. It is called a Heat Map, and these are the instructions on how to use it and why you want to see it.
You do not need to be logged into the website to use or view the heat maps.
You cannot edit or change a heat map.
If your family is not in our Sheldon Family Tree, you will not find your family on a heat map.
Have fun! You will soon master it. If you have questions, post them here in the Forum (you must be logged in to post to the Forum.)
- Go to the menu at the top of any page, and select Family Tree.
- Select Search People in Tree.
- Type Sheldon in the search box under Last Name, then select the Search button beside the Reset button.
- When the search results appear, click on the Heat Map button. The screen will rebuild, and you will see a heat map.
- Zoom in with the controls on the map.
- Click on a number in a color cloud. The map will zoom, and you may see more number clouds or location markers.
- Move your mouse over a marker and hover – information will display, You can select a person in the popup to go to their record.
You may find other Sheldons living close to your ancestors. Use their information to help you locate research leads or potential relatives.
You can also use the Heat Map feature in places.
The heat map works for worldwide locations.
Use the form on our website to provide information about Sheldons that should be added to our tree.