DONATE
Post from the Facebook Group – with info about the Richard Line2022-02-26T11:32:17-05:00
Viewing 0 reply threads
  • Author
      Keymaster

Dale Lee Sheldon
      Admin
      · February 15 at 9:48 PM ·
      Please welcome Lauren Sheldon to the group 🙂
      42 Comments
      Susan Owens
      Welcome!
      Reply1w
      Darren Sheldon
      Hello 👋
      Reply1w
      Rachel Starke
      Hello
      Reply1w
      Lauren Sheldon

Thanks for the warm welcome!
      Reply1w
      Patricia Bruhn
      Hi
      Reply1w
      Neale Sheldon
      Lauren welcome to the group, i’m a Sheldon from England. Please tell us more about how far you have got with your family tree, so we can help you
      Reply1w
      Wheaton Kelly
      Admin

Welcome Lauren. How can we help?
      Reply1w
      Peter Sheldon
      Welcome Lauren, a great bunch of people online here!
      Reply1w
      Lauren Sheldon

I am just looking to connect with and learn about other Sheldon’s. Here is a little bit about myself and my direct Sheldon family:
      I was born in 1992 and raised in Wilmington Delaware. My father James Gary Sheldon (1963, alive and well) was the younge… See more
      Reply1wEdited
      Wheaton Kelly
      Admin

Lauren Sheldon you are a wonderful addition to our group. We are in hopes of attracting more young people like yourself! Please consider joining us on a Sunday at noon PST. And sending what you would like included in our master family trees here. “Sear… See more
      Search People: Sheldon Family History
      SHELDONGENEALOGY.ORG
      Reply1w
      Missy Rummie
      Lauren Sheldon ooo! another PA/NJ/NY Sheldon! Yay! 🙂
      Reply1w
      George Sheldon
      Lauren Sheldon Well, Lauren – we are almost neighbors! Special greetings from Lancaster County! My clan is from NY/NJ/PA. There is a batch of Sheldons right across the river from you in Cumberland County NJ. There is a Sheldon Avenue in Millville, NJ.
      Reply1w
      Lauren Sheldon

George Sheldon Oh wow! You aren’t but 45 mins away over in Lancaster. Such a small world!
      Reply1w
      George Sheldon
      Lauren Sheldon Yes, we are almost neighbors. It is interesting to read your posts. We seem to be connected. With Oddy in your line, our common grandfather is probably Richard. My g-grandfather moved to Lancaster County around 1915 from Orange County … See more
      Reply1wEdited
      Missy Rummie
      Do you plan to do an autosomal test or see if your dad will do a Y-DNA test? a Y-test might tie him to George which would sure be interesting to see.
      Reply1w
      Lauren Sheldon

Missy Rummie Unfortunately I am so new to all of this that I’m not sure which test is which! I will definitely be doing more research in the coming weeks. I’ve always taken a liking to researching my history I just never knew how so I am getting a late start.
      Reply1w
      Missy Rummie
      That was my problem too – had interest beginning around age 19, but couldn’t figure out how to get started at first either.
      Reply1w
      Missy Rummie
      Ask all the questions you like – between us, we’ll probably know the answer. If not, we’ll probably know which way to point you to figure out.
      Reply1w
      Missy Rummie
      For now, I have to dash to pick up one of the kiddos from school. 🙂
      Reply1w
      Lauren Sheldon

Missy Rummie Everyone has been so helpful in the less than 24 hours I have discovered all of this! I am so grateful.
      Reply1w

George Sheldon
      Welcome to Lauren!
      Reply1w
      Dale Lee Sheldon
      Author
      Admin
      Lauren Sheldon – we’re working on fleshing out the Godfrey line now 🙂 You’re the lucky line, the only one with clear documented evidence in England! It doesn’t look like we have your specific branch in our tree yet. What is the connection between Ma… See more
      Reply1w
      Lauren Sheldon

Dale Lee Sheldon I am very new to this so perhaps my records need some tweaking but these are some very, very rough draft notes I have based on Ancestry results. Once I have the funds for DNA I would be more than happy to submit that for viewing.
      No photo description available.
      Reply1wEdited
      Dale Lee Sheldon
      Author
      Admin
      Yes, Godfrey was the father of William Sheldon who went to Salem, MA. And his son was Ephraim and I believe Ephraim. I can’t recall if Ephraim had a son named Lemuel, I think he did, but not the same Lemuel that was grandfather of Oddy. Oddy is from… See more
      Reply1w
      Dale Lee Sheldon
      Author
      Admin
      Lauren Sheldon I’m afraid yDNA has to be from one of the male Sheldon’s as the Y-chromosome that is tested is only passed from father to son. But it doesn’t necessarily have to be your father if his brother is willing, of if you have a brother, or a male Sheldon cousin.
      Reply1w
      Lauren Sheldon

I think I can try my dad or brother. My uncle lives all the way in Florida unfortunately. Mark Ashby was an only child who had two sons, my father who has two girls and one son none of which plan on having any children. My uncle has no children as well… See more
      Reply1w
      Missy Rummie
      Lauren Sheldon If you test, you can get the autosomal results which might help, but doing the Y-test with your dad, uncle or brother (really, any male in your family of the same Sheldon surname line) would be more helpful trying to go further back. I’… See more
      Reply1w
      Wheaton Kelly
      Admin

Lauren Sheldon So many lines are dying out it is important to get the DNA before they are gone. My parents both died before DTC DNA testing was available….so many mysteries died with them…
      Reply1w
      Wheaton Kelly
      Admin

Dale has answered you correctly. For the YDNA it needs to be a male surnamed Sheldon from your line.
      Reply1w
      Dennis C. Sheldon
      Hi.
      Reply1w
      Dale Lee Sheldon
      Author
      Admin
      Lauren Sheldon – hey Lauren. I have some good news. I’ve started to reseach your tree from scratch to add to our database starting with your grandfather. I found that his father, Mark Ware Sheldon Jr, was actually adopted by his paternal grandfather… See more
      Reply1wEdited
      Dale Lee Sheldon
      Author
      Admin
      Paul died as an infant in 1891. But I found that the other brother, Thomas, went to his maternal grandparents – Thomas and Isabella Talley. But it doesn’t appear that he had any children. Will look into Edgar and Clarence.
      Reply1w
      Lauren Sheldon

Dale Lee Sheldon I have been in contact with a male Sheldon who is Edgar’s Nephew (I believe) and is the son of late Mitchell G. Sheldon. His name is Scott Sheldon.
      Reply1w
      Dale Lee Sheldon
      Author
      Admin
      Lauren Sheldon oh yes! That Edgar is a generation earlier. I have him and son Mitchell in the tree as well.
      Reply1w
      George Sheldon
      Wow – 38 comments so far – and I suppose this one makes 39. This post has lots of good information, and I must comment that it is a matter of time until it will disappear from our Facebook group – that’s a shame, in my opinion. I would suggest that po… See more
      Reply5d
      Neale Sheldon
      George Sheldon excellent idea, it would be a pity if the above info got lost in the depths of Facebook
      Reply5d
      Lauren Sheldon

George Sheldon I don’t mind a bit!
      Reply5d
      Sue Sheldon
      Admin
      Welcome, Lauren Sheldon! I have nothing to add regarding your family tree! Dale has, once again, done some amazing research! Looking forward to seeing you on a Sunday Zoom call!
      Reply1d

Viewing 0 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Go to Top