Discover your Sheldon Ancestry and Share your Sheldon Ancestors!
We are an alliance of Sheldon researchers working to document and connect Sheldons across the globe. We are creating a freely accessible library of Sheldon family trees, photos, documents and data to all who are interested. We encourage Sheldons worldwide to join us in researching our Sheldon heritage, exploring our histories, and preserving the lives of those who have come before us. We are incorporated as a non-profit, tax exempt, educational organization to support learning, researching, and collaboration for all Sheldons and those descended from Sheldons.
Sheldon Genealogy began as the Facebook group “Sheldon Family Genealogy” in 2009, established by Dale Sheldon. But it wasn’t until 2021 that a true organization was formed along with fellow researchers Sue Sheldon and Kelly Wheaton. We have recently added more research firepower with the addition of George Sheldon and Missy Rummie.
We welcome your tax deductible donations to help support our website and research, however we are committed to sharing information freely and broadly. We are committed to providing accurate and well sourced documentation for all the facts entered into the Sheldon Genealogy tree.
If you are researching a connection to a Sheldon family line, we’d like to hear your story and offer you any help that we can.
How we can help you and it’s always FREE
- Research our Sheldon Family Tree. If your ancestors aren’t here: send us your information and we will get them added.
- Register for a Login that notifies you of Sheldon Genealogy news, allows you to post to our Wiki, and to comment on our Blog as well as get new blog posts by email.
- Receive help and guidance with your DNA at the Sheldon DNA Project at FTDNA
- Get help with your Sheldon (or Shelden) Research by using the Contact us OR by posting on our Sheldon Genealogy Facebook page.
- Explore our website. Our search function is very powerful. Try a Search in the header at the top of the page!
How you can help us
- Add to our Library by sending us digital photos, documents, or links to resources you think we should include. Use our Contact us or the Family Tree Suggestion form.
- Volunteer to help.
- Make a Donation to Sheldon Genealogy, a 501c3 organization.
You might also consider making a donation directly to the Sheldon Family DNA Project at FamilyTreeDNA.