Take a few moments to read this:
- We’re glad you are here and we want to help you in your genealogy search for Sheldon ancestors.
- Don’t become overwhelmed. There is much information here on the website, and we are constantly adding more information about the Sheldon Family.
- One of the co-founders of this website, Kelly Wheaton, observed that we are running this website much like a public library. That is a great analogy. You cannot expect to walk into a library and read everything that is on the shelves or in the collection.
- Just like a public library, you are free to read anything in our collection. There are no membership fees and no charges of any kind. We try to cover our expenses by producing income from ads on the website, and by generous donations.
- Also, following the way a library works, we do require you to register on our website before you can post anything. This is like a library requiring you to get one of their cards before you can borrow anything from their collection. It costs nothing to register on our site. You can do so here.
- Libraries are for all skill levels – from those just starting to learn something to those who are seeking advanced information. Our website is for all levels of genealogy researchers – from beginners to intermediate to advanced individuals.
- Visit our Getting Started with Genealogy Research section.
Your First Steps
If you are a beginner at researching your Sheldon ancestors, we suggest you start:
- Get your free account on this website.
- Sign up for our free newsletter (at the top of any page on the website).
- Start searching by using our Search box on the top of any page.
- Go to the Family Tree and Search there for possible ancestors.
- Don’t expect to find everything in just a few moments. It can (and usually does) take a certain amount of time to locate ancestors.
- Most importantly, have fun!
If You Are Experienced
- There is plenty of information here on our website to keep you busy with your research. Use the search tools to locate information. You should search the main website and the Family Tree – both have separate search functions.
- Explore the website – it will take some time to go through all the information we have gathered. Our collection continues to grow.
Ask for Help
Use our Sheldon Contact Page to ask for assistance. We’d love to help you! (It’s like asking the librarian for help at the library.) We are volunteers behind Sheldon Genealogy, so it may take a little while to respond to you, but we are interested in your Sheldon family connection, and we can’t wait to learn more about your lineage.